Have just wrapped up a rather hectic week, and here we are at the start of what promises to be another! The more so for me, coz Hubby is out-of-town on work and so Ishaan will be more clingy…welcome to my World! It’s already begun…he was all weepy today when I dropped him off at school. Hubby always drops him off in the mornings and I pick up in the afternoons, so I guess he was missing Papa today! He’s asked me where Papa was a couple of times, but for the most part prefers not to discuss it & refuses to speak with Hubby on the phone. He’s got quite the temper for a soon-to-be 3-yr-old! That comes from me I’m afraid!
So, it’s Valentine Day’s today…a day where everyone goes overboard with all manner of Love declarations and the online universe is flooded with all manner of Valentine status updates and the like. Me, I’m not a huge V-day person, coz I keep wondering about the day after…you know when all the Love is spent, what then? I do believe in Love (of all sorts), of course! I just believe it exists in the little things people do for one another ever day & should be celebrated every day. In the times we live in…certainly, we should celebrating Love in all its forms, every single day and in any way we can think of! Heaven knows we need it now more than ever! What saddens me the most is how V-Day has now become almost exclusively about Romantic love and gift-giving. Don’t get me wrong…I like gifts as much as the next person (who wouldn’t?), and I’m a huge champion of romantic love…I just hate the pressure that people seem to feel to ‘Get it right!’ It seems to me, that these days, all it does, is make those without partners, more miserable than they should be & those with partners somehow obliged to celebrate the fact even when they may not feel the need! A conversation I just had with a single cousin of mine, has convinced me more than ever that this is true.
This year I thought I would make a list of 10 things that make my heart race faster, that I Love & that don’t necessarily have to do with romance. I’m not going to include family and friends, coz really, that’s a given ain’t it? I love my family and friends 365 days of the year, 24/7! There! Now that’s out-of-the-way, let’s get to the list, shall we.
1. I love the way walking through a spritz of my favorite perfume (Gucci Rush at the moment), makes me feel 🙂 Until I saw it on Oprah (that woman has educated me in ways I didn’t realize!), I wasn’t aware of the best way to apply perfume. On her show I learnt how to spray a perfume-mist’ into the air and walk through it, so you the fragrance lingers on your body like a second skin. Have done that ever since and though it does take up a lot of perfume, I love the sense of decadent luxury it offers 🙂
2. I love the sound of the ocean. This is surprising even to me, coz having grown up around beaches, I kind of took the sea for granted and never paid it much attention. The beach was a fun hang-out and not much else. Now it offers sanctuary from the hustle of daily chaos. Have you listened to the ocean? Really listened? To the majesty of the waves? To the infinite mysteries hidden in those deep waters? That’s Nirvana, right there 🙂
3. I love the ‘crrrrrruuuunch’ of the perfect potato chip and the lingering taste of salt on my lips after!! The same goes for the perfect Margerita 😛 You know what I mean! In my book, salt is a true aphrodisiac 😉
4. I love the pungent fragrance of the freshly drenched earth after the first Monsoons. If I could, I would bottle it and use it rather liberally while melting on hot, dusty May afternoons!
5. I love birdsong! I’m not very good at identifying birds or their songs, but that doesn’t stop me from dropping whatever I’m doing and listening enthralled to their magical tunes 🙂
6. I love the comfort I get from re-reading my favorite books! I read many of them annually, The Lord of the Rings being one of them and I can’t think of a better journey than one through Middle Earth with my beloved Fellowship 🙂 Another favorite when I’m down in the dumps is Ms. Agatha Christie…I adore HP, coz we share more than our little grey cells…we share initials 😉
7. I love watching horses at a gallop…even if it’s in a painting! Maybe it’s the Sagittarian in me, but there’s just something about watching their fluid, poetic motion that calms me down and sets me free 🙂
8. I love cuddling up in my quilt, while the AC and fan turn the room into a pole-like freezer! Oh and I’m not talking about cuddling with hubby or Ishaan here. Just me, myself and I 🙂 Nirvana!
9. I love solitude! I cannot stress this enough and a lot of people think I’ve lost my marbles when I say this, but there it is…the simple truth.
10. I love my own company! In fact there are many times I prefer it to anyone else’s 😉
I would love to hear what’s on your list, if you care to share 🙂
Let me leave you with a picture that is a testament of my son’s love for his Dad…you know there’s Love there when they’re sharing socks 😛
Have a Great Week ahead People 🙂
23 thoughts on “The ‘Love’ List!”
I’m with you on #3, Harsha! There are very few potato chips I don’t like!
Love the picture of Ishaan in Daddy’s socks!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Happy Valentine’s Day Wendy 🙂
As for chips…the only ones I claim not to like are the ones that say Reduced Fat!! That just defeats the whole purpose of a good chip methinks and I’m sure you agree!! I knew we were kindred spirits 😀
Talking about chips. How many times can you keep on biting it and still ‘crrrrrruuuunch’ it? I can do it maybe three times. And, I am sure that is not a record. I know Monty used to do it some 12 times!
12 times!!!! That must have been a giant chip!!! I can do it twice at most…don’t have much patience when it comes to eating chips 😉 The faster the better 😛
I love your list, Harsha! I know what you mean about rain-soaked land. That’s one of the best smells there is.
And I love Ishaan in your hubby’s socks. What a picture!
Thanks Maura! Those socks were a hoot!!
Wow…lovely…May you get to enjoy each and every wish whenever you desire..
About my list, you have put me into jeopardy!! When I asked this question to myself, my mind suddenly, went point blank…well, I will have to THINK harder to finalise my list…shall email you one, soon!!!
May Gob grant you all the love, happiness and moreover, the company that you long for….Amen!!!
I meant ‘God’ in my last line….sorry!!! 😦
Happy Valentines day Harsha.
Love Ishaan in the black sock.
Happy Valentine’s to you too Beenz 🙂 We had a good laugh at those socks 😉
Fantastic post. I feel the same way about V-day. I agree with so many on your list, but lately I have come to pine for #9 like no other. #7 is really something too~especially to a fellow Sagitarian. Beautifully written, and always love it when pictures of Ishaan are included.
Love the list . . . and that photo is precious!
Have a LOVE-ly day!
Thanks 😀 We had great fun taking that picture! Wishing you a Life full of Love, always 🙂
Amongst the many things I love…. one is reading your posts!!
Cheers and love always….
Aaaaw Pitu!! You are too kind 😀 Am loving it!! We should meet up 🙂
Thanks Jacque 🙂 Glad you enjoyed! I’ve always loved horses and I’m hoping I learn to ride someday. My fantasy is quite cliche actually…me on a black mare (like Shadowfax, if you are an LOTR fan), riding on the beach 🙂 No knights necessary 😛
BTW…..the last three could easily be rolled into one 😉 😀
This is the paragraph that had me chuckling:
‘This year I thought I would make a list of 10 things that make my heart race faster, that I Love & that don’t necessarily have to do with romance. I’m not going to include family and friends, coz really, that’s a given ain’t it? I love my family and friends 365 days of the year, 24/7! There! Now that’s out-of-the-way, let’s get to the list, shall we.’
And as for Ishaan….*gobble gobble*
And very often are 😉 I was chuckling as I typed that me-self 😛 😉
As for Ishaan…such a man-eater!! 😉 😀
I dont know how many time I squealed ‘Ditto!’ when I scrolled down the list. A woman after my own heart, you are 😉 Solitude is our form of self-restoration, in fact I find myself laughing harder when watching something all alone (no dogs, no cats, no Su)..does that happen to you too?
Sending you loads of love and valentine kisses xxxxxxxxxxx
Always!!! 😀 I’m my most ‘authentic’ self when I’m basking in my own company 😀
Tons of love to you too 😀
Darn, I must have missed that Oprah show that gave the “perfume application instructions” (I thought I saw every one). I am still dabbing on the wrists and neck! Thanks for sharing!
You’re welcome! Enjoy your perfume and thanks for the visit and comment 😀 Just visited your site…Very Interesting!